Week 1 March 16-20
Hello students and families. We trust you all are well, staying safe, and healthy. We all miss our students and look forward to our time together back in the classroom. Below are the online resources for virtual learning and the suggested time. Please check our school homepage for the links: www.student.mtuesd.org
Online resources for virtual learning:
- ELA-30 min twice daily
- Reading practice - past SIPPS stories
- Starfall, ABCYA, EPIC, storyline online, and reading bear (see homepage for links)
- 15 min daily - sight words, stories, hunt for sight words in books
- Math- 30 min once daily - Math Fact Cafe, focus on counting to 100, write and recognize numbers 1-20, ways to make numbers 1-20, add/subtract numbers 1-10.
- Enter this code: SCHOOL1446 - create free account
- Social studies & Mystery Science
- ART/ PE
The district Kindergarten teachers have collaborated and put together a packet of what we would be working on in class for the next couple of weeks, if online resources are unavailable. Week 1’s packet (March 16-20) will be available Thursday AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE. Week 2 (March 23-27) will be available on Monday, March 23 and Week 3 (March 30-April 3) on March 30. Please enjoy your Spring Break.
In the packet, your child will be completing 4 or more assignments a day. They will receive a Phonics page, Reading page, Math page, and a writing page. You will also be given ideas for art and science activities.
Please practice Sight Words every day! :)
Kindergarten Suggested Packet Daily Schedule
Phonics - Please work on the word work phonics page before reading the word family reading story. Please read for two nights in a row. Please complete 3 a week.
Writing - Please answer the writing prompts and add 1-2 sentences. Please sound out words, we are not worried about spelling.
Math - Please complete 1 page, front and back, cut and play with the puzzles, and write your numbers to 30.
Printing- Please practice one page of the Spelling Handwriting Practice.
PE - Play outside for 30 minutes.
Art- Please complete one project per week.
Science- Please complete one lesson per week.