First grade Learning for...
Monday May 4-May 8th
Journal topic: Opinion Writing-Foods I think are the best.
Math: 7-13, 7-14, Topic 7 Test
Social Studies: 2 articles per week
Scholastic News: 1 article per week
Skills practice/signs for sounds
- Monday-write 5-7 sentences about your weekend.
- Tuesday-Read/Listen to poem “Vegetables”. See video for poem:
Today you may write about your own opinions about vegetables or about anything else you choose-Free Write. 6-8 complete sentences.
- Wednesday-Make a list of at least 5 food items that you think are the best and then list at least 3 reasons why for each food item. See video link for : Examples
- Thursday-Write about a food you think is the best. Give 3 to 5 reasons why you think your food is the best.
- Friday-Finish writing about your best food. Be sure to have an opening sentence 3-5 reasons and a closing sentence. Please use your best printing. Turn this in.
- Remember we are working on adding details (spelling, punctuation, penmanship and does it make sense?) and proofreading our work.
- Mrs. Crawford’s class do 2 pages in the skills practice book . Ms. Pyle’s class do lesson 28 of signs for sounds
- Complete 4 pages in the handwriting book. Focus on starting your letters from the top and going slow .
Magic Tree House Good Morning, Gorillas Chapter 8-10
- Please read to your child daily.
- You can also access https://www.storylineonline.net/ It is an amazing website where actors and actresses read current children's books.
- Please read past SIPPS stories.
- Practice sight words see video .
- Please write down the titles of books they can read to you. This will be due each week. .
- Phonemic Awareness
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Read Alouds
- We learn
- It looked like spilt milk
- Freckle 20 minutes daily and Raz kids
- Being a Reader Small-group Reading Set 1-5- (Box Set 1 &2-Kindergarten Reading Level, Box Set 3, 4 and 5-First Grade Reading Level)
- Download the CCC BookRoom app to access Box Sets.
- Sight words 12-20
- Please have your child write their numbers 1-100 weekly, or until mastered. Focus on starting numbers at the top and watching for reversals.
- Please have your child count to 100 by 10, 5. Make it fun! Youtube.com has great songs to mix it up too!
- Please finish math lessons and homework. If you need assistance, please contact and I will schedule a phone conference with you.
- 3D Shapes
- Telling Time
- Freckle 20 minutes daily
ART with Mrs. D
What do you worry about? What can you do to calm your body?
Please turn in the following:
Math Topics 7-13& 7-14 and corresponding Math homework/reteaching pages and Topic 7 Test
Skills practice pages-2 pages (Crawford only) Signs for sounds ( Pyle Only)
Scholastic article (1)
Studies weekly articles (2)
ART & PE (submit photo or actual artwork)
1st grade Weekly Check off List