First grade Learning for...
Monday April 20th-April 24
Journal topic: Exploring Words Through Poetry
Math: 7-5, 7-6, 7-7, 7-8
Social Studies: 2 articles per week
Scholastic News: 1 article per week
Skills practice/signs for sounds
- Monday-write 5-7 sentences about your weekend.
- Tuesday-Read Poems: “Cat”, “My Puppy”, and “Jump or Jiggle”-begin a list (you will add to this later) of movement words. Today is free-write. Choose your own topic. 5-7 sentences. See links to poems and videos below.
- Wednesday-Free write, review poems.
- Thursday-Add to “movement words”. Begin working on writing a poem. See links to video. Read additional poems: “Swimming”, “Hide and Seek” and “Swinging”.
- Friday-Finish Poem About Movement. Turn this in.
- Remember we are working on adding details (spelling, punctuation, penmanship and does it make sense?) and proofreading our work.
- Mrs. Crawford’s class do 2 pages in the skills practice book . Ms. Pyle’s class do lesson 26 of signs for sounds
- Complete 4 pages in the handwriting book. Focus on starting your letters from the top and going slow .
- Tuesday Instructional Video and Poems:
- Instructional video
- Cat Poem
- My Puppy Poem
- Jump or Giggle Poem
- Thursday Instructional Video and additional poems:
- Instructional Video
- Swinging Poem
- Swimming Poem
- Hide and Seek Poem
Read aloud Magic Tree House-Good Morning, Gorillas Chapters 1-3
- Please read to your child daily.
- You can also access https://www.storylineonline.net/ It is an amazing website where actors and actresses read current children's books.
- Please read past SIPPS stories.
- Practice sight words see video .
- Please write down the titles of books they can read to you. This will be due each week. .
- Phonemic Awareness
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- The Bunnies
- Read Alouds
- April showers poem
- Freckle 20 minutes daily and Raz kids
- Being a Reader Small-group Reading Set 1-5- (Box Set 1 &2-Kindergarten Reading Level, Box Set 3, 4 and 5-First Grade Reading Level)
- Download the CCC BookRoom app to access Box Sets.
- Sight words set 2 1-11
- Sight word flash cards
- Please have your child write their numbers 1-100 weekly, or until mastered. Focus on starting numbers at the top and watching for reversals.
- Please have your child count to 100 by 10, 5. Make it fun! Youtube.com has great songs to mix it up too!
- Please finish If you need assistance, please contact and I will schedule a phone conference with you.
- Shape attributes
- Clock Song
- Freckle 20 minutes daily
ART with Mrs. D
Why is it important to say please and thank you?
Please turn in the following on Tuesday April 28th:
Math Topics 7-5 through 7-8 and corresponding Math homework/reteaching pages
Skills practice pages-2 pages (Crawford only) Signs for sounds ( Pyle Only)
Scholastic article (1)
Studies weekly articles (2)
ART & PE (submit photo or actual artwork)