First Grade Learning
- Practice sight words daily
- UNIT 4-5 packet. (ending y: long e) Pick this up from school on TUESDAY 11:00-12:00
-2 times each
-make 5 sentences using spelling words.
-triangle words, word boxes, word search
-Read sound and blend chart with an adult
-SIPPS stories: #44, #45, #46, #47, #48: read each story at least three times in the week.
- Optional: Freckle ELA 10 min daily, you can go to library, skills practice, word study, decodables, sight words. If you do not have online access, read another book and practice sight words.
- **Being a Writer workbook (it is blue and purple)- complete 2 pages weekly. **Turn this in**
- Focus: Sentence structure, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
P. 39, 40, 41, 42
Focus: Adjective- a word that describes- I have a blue hat. (blue is the adjective) The cat’s fur is soft. (soft is the adjective)
- Writing Journal (it is blue with yellow stars) Write a paragraph a week, with 3-5 sentences. Remember: Start each sentence with a capital letter. Start with a topic sentence, then give details about your topic. Use punctuation at the end of each sentence. Sound out words and use your little yellow dictionary. Draw a picture too. (When your journal is full, you may keep it forever! Then start writing in something new, buy a notebook or journal for yourself)
- **Math Homework workbook:
P. 137, 138, 139, 140 (6-3)
- **Math Workbook:
P. 183, 184 (6-4)
- Count by tens to 100 and backwards from 100 to 0. Can you count to 200 by tens?
- Count to 100 by 1’s AND by 5’s and 10’s, make it fun! Check out Jack Hartmann on YouTube for some fun counting and exercise!
- Optional: Freckle math 10 min. Daily if you have the internet. Or practice writing to 100.
Science: Mystery Science.
Do a project together: make playdough - 1 cup flour, ¾cup water, 2T canola oil, 2T baking soda, ¼ cup salt : Heat to a low boil- water, oil, food coloring/ slowly add flour, baking soda, salt.
PE https://www.gonoodle.com/ Don’t forget to play outside! Run, walk, skip, jump, learn to jump-rope! Throw, catch, bounce a ball. Make a hopscotch with sight words in each box, read the words as you hop.
Fun ideas: play board games, dance, cook together, write stories or jokes, sing, make musical instruments, do puzzles.
Don’t hesitate to send an email with any questions. We are here to help you!
Please have work stapled together, with your students name, grade and teacher on it.
*This is the last work packet we will be assigning! *
Please return ALL completed work on Tuesday, May 26th at the school drive-thru 11:00-12:00pm.
The week of May 26-29 is a week to complete any missing assignments, get caught up if you need to.
Also, please write your teacher a letter, we miss you and would love to hear from you!
Tuesday, June 2nd will be the final drive thru drop off at the school. We will be there to smile and wave. Please bring your children with you to this “Summer Fun Parade” and wave goodbye for the summer!