First grade Learning for...
Monday April 27th-May 1st
Journal topic: Exploring Words through Poetry
Math: 7-9, 7-10, 7-11, 7-12
Social Studies: 2 articles per week
Scholastic News: 1 article per week
Skills practice/signs for sounds
Writing-skills practice-Journals (All daily writing assignments need to be done in the journals that were sent home. Please make sure your child is practicing neat handwriting daily!)
- Monday-Write 5-7 sentences about your weekend.
- Tuesday-As you listen to and read poems, make a list of at least 15 words that describe sound. For example: creak, whir, clang etc.
- Wednesday-Make a list of at least 10 animals with a sound word that goes with it. For example: horses-chomp, snakes-hiss etc.
- Thursday-Choose one animal to write about. Make a list of at least 10 words to describe your animal. Use these words in your writing assignment for Friday. Begin writing about your animal.
- Friday-Finish writing (6-8 sentences) about the animal you chose to write about on Thursday. Turn this in.
- Remember we are working on adding details (spelling, punctuation, penmanship and does it make sense?) and proofreading our work.
- Mrs. Crawford’s class do 2 pages in the skills practice book . Ms. Pyle’s class do lesson 27 of signs for sounds
- Complete 4 pages in the handwriting book. Focus on starting your letters from the top and going slow .
Read aloud Magic Tree House-Good Morning, Gorillas Chapters 4-7
- Please read to your child daily.
- You can also access https://www.storylineonline.net/ It is an amazing website where actors and actresses read current children's books.
- Please read past SIPPS stories.
- Practice sight words see video .
- Please write down the titles of books they can read to you. This will be due each week. .
- Phonemic Awareness
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Read Alouds
- The very Hungry Caterpillar
- The very Clumsy click Beetle
- Freckle 20 minutes daily and Raz kids
- Being a Reader Small-group Reading Set 1-5- (Box Set 1 &2-Kindergarten Reading Level, Box Set 3, 4 and 5-First Grade Reading Level)
- Download the CCC BookRoom app to access Box Sets.
- Sight words 12-20
- Please have your child write their numbers 1-100 weekly, or until mastered. Focus on starting numbers at the top and watching for reversals.
- Please have your child count to 100 by 10, 5. Make it fun! Youtube.com has great songs to mix it up too!
- Please finish If you need assistance, please contact and I will schedule a phone conference with you.
- Skip count by 10's
- Read aloud me and the measure of things
- Freckle 20 minutes daily
ART with Mrs. D
What do you worry about? What can you do to calm your body?
Please turn in the following on Tuesday :
Math Topics 7-9 through 7-12 and corresponding Math homework/reteaching pages
Skills practice pages-2 pages (Crawford only) Signs for sounds ( Pyle Only)
Scholastic article (1)
Studies weekly articles (2)
ART & PE (submit photo or actual artwork)
1st grade Weekly Check off List