First Grade Learning
Week 3: Monday, March 30 - Friday, April 3
- Read together daily
- Practice sight words daily
- **Keep a reading log. Write the title of the books you read and books that are read to you. ** Turn this in weekly.
- **Word Sort Lists: Make a list of 5 words that follow the same sound and spelling pattern. Read this list at least 3 times. **Turn these in weekly.
Tuesday: __en (you can use these words: den, men, hen, ten, pen)*
Wednesday: __ill ( bill, fill, hill, will, pill)*
Thursday: __ot, __at, __it ( lot, rot, bat, cat, hit, fit)*
- Freckle ELA 10 min daily, you can go to library, skills practice, word study, decodables, sight words, also check out From My Teacher assignments. If you do not have online access, read another book and practice sight words.
- **Being a Writer workbook (it is blue and purple)- complete a page daily, front and back. **Turn this in weekly.
Tuesday: p. 7,8*
Wednesday: p. 9, 10*
Thursday: p. 11, 12*
Friday: p. 13, 14*
- Writing Journal (it is blue with yellow stars) Write at least 3-5 sentences. Remember: Start each sentence with a capital letter. Start with a topic sentence, then give details about your topic. Use punctuation at the end of each sentence. Sound out words and use your little yellow dictionary. Draw a picture too.
Tuesday: Tell me about your family
Wednesday: What do you think would be the best pet?
Thursday: What will you be when you grow up? Tell me why and where would you live?
Not turning in the writing journal until we return to school.
- Being a Reader Handwriting Notebook (it is orange and blue):
Complete one or two pages each day. Focus on proper letter formation. Go slowly and write neatly. Complete your notebook. Not turning this in until we return to school.
- **Practice writing numbers, properly, check for backwards numbers. Turn this in weekly. Tuesday: 1-20*
Friday: 71-100 *
- **Math Workbook, Grade 1, Volume 2: Begin Unit 5, Read the Family Letter. At the end of the book there is a glossary to help you also. ** Turn these in weekly.
Tuesday: Cut out and complete purple + math facts (keep these at home) Complete p. 141, 142 (5-1)** Turn this in weekly.
Wednesday: Cut out and complete blue - math facts (keep these at home) Complete p. 147 (5-2) ** turn this in (You do not have to complete the back and if matching the equation to the dot picture is confusing, skip that part, just solve the subtraction facts.)
Thursday: Math Homework and Remembering workbook: p. 111, 112 (5-1) Finding the missing number can be tricky for kids, be sure to help them.** Turn this in weekly.
Friday: Math Homework and Remembering workbook: p. 113, 114 (5-2)** Turn this in weekly.
- Count to 100 by 5’s and 10’s, make it fun! Check out Jack Hartmann on YouTube for some fun counting and exercise!
- Freckle math 10 min. Daily if you have the internet. Or practice writing to 100.
Social Studies: Read 2 of the Scholastic News Magazines. Save two for next week. Discuss what you’ve read and answer the questions on the back. Keep these at home.
Science: Mystery Science
PE https://www.gonoodle.com/ Don’t forget to play outside! Run, walk, skip, jump, learn to jump-rope! Throw, catch, bounce a ball.
Don’t hesitate to send an email with any questions. We are here to help you!
** Turn in these assignments weekly**
**Turn in Tuesday, April 14th**
Spring Break is April 6-10, Enjoy, Relax, Play together!