5th SS 4/14-4/20
General Information: We are switching to a different Social Studies curriculum, Studies Weekly. It is an online and paper curriculum set up like a new paper. You can access studies weekly through Clever. In Google Classroom there will be assigned publications each week along with assignments to pair with them.
Tuesday and Wednesday:
- Log into your Clever and go to Studies Weekly (online only) or select the assigned “Week 16: Slavery in the Colonies” publication in Google Classroom.
- Select and read “Week 16: Slavery in the Colonies” publication
- Complete the “Think and Review” Questions on Google Classroom or on paper.
- Take the test
- Log into your Clever and go to Studies Weekly (online only) or select the assigned “Week 17:Developing Government” publication in Google Classroom.
- Select and read “Week 17: Developing Government”
- Complete the “Think and Review” Questions on Google Classroom or on paper for Week 17
- Take the test
Finish any Studies Weekly assignments you have not completed.
4th/5th Science 4/14-4/20
General Information: Over the next two weeks you will be working through a unit focused on how plants and animals have certain traits which help them survive in their specific ecosystem. This week you will work through the first 3 lessons. Proceed through the lessons at your own rate.
Tuesday and Wednesday
Lesson 1: Structures that Help
- Habitats Map
- Reading material: Roots and Trunks, Beaks and Claws
- Workbook Pages: What are Structures for? Pgs 1-4
- Study the map and find the Mixed evergreen forest.
- Read Roots and Trunks, Beaks and Claws
- On the workbook pages fill out the table for each organism. Use the lodgepole pine page as an example as to how much information you need for each section.
Thursday and Friday
Lesson 2: When Structures are not Enough!
- Reading Materials: Low Desert and Oak Woodlands
- Visual Aids: Ocotillo and Chinese House Plant
- Workbook Pages: Ocotillo Structures for Survival pgs 1-2
- Read the “Low Desert” and the “Oak Woodlands” pages. Note the Oak Woodlands is the habitat you reside in.
- If you have paper copy: practice highlighting or underlining information you think is important.
- Review the visual aids
- Fill out the plant structures of ocotillo. You can use the visual aid to help you with this.
- Complete the back page of the assignment. Please be specific and provide details!